Sport Fishing Costa Rica
Are you dreaming of a sport fishing vacation in Costa Rica? Stay in Costa Rica can make it happen for you. They have connections with luxury accommodations, sport fishing charters and all the exciting activities you’d expect from a Costa Rica vacation.
If you’re planning a sport fishing vacation, you’ve no doubt heard about Costa Rica. It is worldwide famous for being one of the best places on earth to sportfish. Central Pacific fishing is abundant because the area has one of the most fertile fishing grounds in the world. For this reason, Los Suenos chose to build its 200-slip marina that has become very popular due to its close proximity to blue water on flat seas and a diversified abundance of fish!
What kind of sport fishing is available in Costa Rica?
– Marlin: Either blue and black species can easily approach 600 pounds and because of the power, size and persistence each fish is one of the most highly prized by all anglers. Marlin can be found from the southern part of Costa Rica in the Golfito area all the way up to the North Pacific Coast.
– Sailfish: The sailfish has engraved Costa Rica on every international angler’s wish list. The tournaments are usually during June and July but there is not really a particular season regarding sails. The beautiful fish, spending more time in the air than in the water during the fight is not as powerful as the marlin, but always spectacular. Double and triple hookups are not uncommon.
– Dorado: Known as well as dolphin fish or mahi mahi, the dorado is one of the most exciting fish to catch on light tackle. This extremely colorful fish is an extremely fast swimmer. It’s been estimated that they can reach speeds of 50 mph in short bursts.
– Yellowfin Tuna: Yellow fin are usually around the size of a football but can reach up to 300 pounds and begin one of an anglers most spectacular fights. A tuna must constantly swim and is one giant muscle. Yellow fin are common from January until June and July but look for the larger fish off of Central Pacific during spring and early summer.
– And many, many more, including Snapper, Wahoo, Roosterfish and an abundance of large, challenging-to-catch and delicious sport and food fish.
Stay in Costa Rica also has connections with some of the most adventurous and affordable sport fishing packages in Costa Rica, including:
Presidential Fishing Package:
$2145 Green Season / $2645 p/p High Season
4 nights of accommodation in a five bedroom private home, Casa Oasis.
DAY 1 Transfer from Airport, Luxury Private Van
DAY 2 Full day Offshore Fishing 42′ Custom Maverick
DAY 3 Full day Offshore Fishing 42′ Custom Maverick
DAY 4 Free Day
DAY 5 Transfer back to Airport, Luxury Private Van
*Rates are based in a group of 5 anglers.
Total Package Cost:
Low Season: $10725 May 1st to December 15th 2016 and 2017
Per Person Cost:$2145 pp 5 people
High Season: $13225 Jan 3rd to April 30th 2017
Per Person Cost: $2645 pp 5 people
Add a 6th Person for FREE!
Extra Fishing Day: Add $2100
Extra Night: Low Season $1425/ High Season $1980 (including Tax)
Add a Golf Cart: $55 per day
If you’re looking for a once-in-a-lifetime sport fishing adventure in Costa Rica, Stay in Costa Rica can take care of all the details. To speak with a vacation specialist who can help you book your accommodations, or answer any questions you may have, please call 866-439-5922, or go online to stayincostarica.com.